Position: Digital Communications and Advocacy Officer
Location: Quezon City, The Philippines
Employment Duration: 1 year with the possibility of renewal, including six months of
Closing date: 20 January 2023
Interview Dates: 21-23 January 2023
Starting Date: February 1, 2023
Salary and Benefits: Salary is negotiable depending on skill set, experience, and academic
profile. Philippine statutory benefits plus HMO, insurance, and others.
About the Organization
The Initiatives for International Dialogue (IID) is a regional advocacy and peacebuilding
organization promoting south-south and people-to-people solidarity. We work on the themes
of human security, democratization and right to self-determination in Southeast Asia
particularly in Mindanao, Burma/Myanmar, South Thailand, Timor-Leste, West Papua and the
About the Position
Digital Communication and Advocacy Officer will lead the creation, development, review, and
implementation of the institution’s and program’s social media communications strategies,
including creating content suitable for the institution’s and program’s audience and partners’
aspirations in various platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the implementation of the approved social media communications advocacy plan with specific guidelines for advocacy, and institutional branding;
- Develop communications toolkits ensuring alignment with the approved IID’s Branding and Communications themes and strategy;
- Lead the development and publication of program materials online and printed copies and public communications (newsletters, reports, audio-video productions, media content, and other campaign promotional materials);
- Assist in monitoring the project/program’s online communications platforms, such as social media, website, and email marketing;
- Assist in maintaining the RESIST Program database, learning and documentation;
- Assists the Program Manager in identifying the need for services such as photo and video documentation, editing, graphics, writing;
- Manage an inventory/archives of all program campaign and advocacy documents including other communications materials and documents (photos, videos, articles, publicity materials, a digital copy of hard collaterals; and
- Provide sundry support to the Program that s/he will be assigned to.
Basic Qualifications and Criteria
Education: Bachelor’s or advanced degree in communications, human rights, law, politics, social sciences, international relations, development studies, or other relevant fields. Having a design background is also preferable.
Knowledge and Requirements
- At the minimum, the applicant must have at least three years of experience in the fields of digital advocacy, journalism, advocacy communications, graphics, video production, etc.;
- Adept in using and/or organizing social media relations, web/mobile/social media, print, and public advocacy campaigns;
- Experience in doing successful communication and campaign online;
- Experience in networking with a broad range of stakeholders including policymakers, civil society and NGOs, the media, and community representatives is an advantage;
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills with a fluent writing style; and
- Ability to work with a diverse group of co-workers and stakeholders.
- Minimum three years’ work in the field of human rights, preferably in the context of both national and regional/international NGOs, specific to digital communication and advocacy projects in Asia;
- Working with activists in at risk and conflict areas;
- Comprehensive knowledge of human rights issues in Asia; and
- Ability to assess and address the security issues: physical, and digital security issues and tools as well as psycho-social well-being issues
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, and three contact details of references in English. Only complete applications will be reviewed. We will not be able to notify all applicants unless they are chosen for an interview. Shortlisted candidates may be requested to submit a writing sample. Please email your application to:
Gus Miclat Executive Director cc: Safina Maulida RESIST Program Manager with the subject heading “Application: Digital Communication and Advocacy Officer”.
All qualified individuals regardless of age, race, colour, sex, gender orientation, religion, national origin, disability, or veteran status are welcome to apply.