One of IID’s core strength is its long experience in network building and coalition work. It has established or helped form various networks in the local, national, regional and global levels. These networks are mostly dedicated to advocacy but with varying themes such as conflict prevention, democracy and self-determination.
IID is either the convenor, secretariat or a steering member of these networks. The following are the main networks IID is part of:
- Mindanao Peaceweavers (MPW)- a network of networks, comprised of advocacy groups focused on coordinating and harmonizing engagement of the peace process in Mindanao. Convenors provide framework for action and policy guidelines for common action. IID serves as the lead secretariat.
- Waging Peace-Philippines (WP-P) – a national formation of peace advocates that meet annually during Human Rights week that tries to develop a common analysis of the national peace situation and recommend strategies and approaches to address pressing issues related thereof. IID is a convenor.
- Kilos Kapayapaan at Katarungan (KILOS)- perhaps the broadest national peace network composed of six major networks that include MPW, WP-P, Sulong Cahril, Philippine Ecumenical Peace Platform, Boses Mindanao and an Indigenous Peoples network. It is a young network that is striving to galvanize broader civil society engagement of the peace processes nationally. IID represents MPW as a convenor.
- Asia-Pacific Solidarity Coalition (APSOC)- a solidarity formation focused on supporting self-determination struggles in the region through peaceful means. Composed mainly of veteran solidarity groups and advocates for East Timor and local partners in focus areas. IID is convenor and secretariat.
- Asian Circle 1325 – a loose formation of women peace-builders and practitioners in the region who are engaged in ensuring the application and adherence of the UN SC resolution 1325 on the participation of women in peace building in their respective countries. IID is convenor and secretariat.
- Solidarity for Asian Peoples Advocacy (SAPA)- broadest regional formation of civil society networks engaged in shadowing official processes and developing policy advocacy of issues ranging from migration, trade union, agriculture, and engaging ASEAN among others. IID is a regional steering committee member and anchors the Working Group on Peace and Security.
- World Forum for Democratization in Asia (WFDA)- a regional formation of democrats mostly from civil society and political parties supporting democratic processes and consolidation. IID is founding steering committee member. Conducts a bi-ennial conference that formulates a program of action that the steering committee implements through workshops, missions, trainings and consultations among others.
- Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC)- an integrated international program of research, discussion and network building of peace advocates and practitioners dedicated to shifting the paradigm of reaction to conflict into prevention. An international steering group meeting every one and a half years assesses the global conflict climate and plots the direction and priorities of the network. IID is GPPAC Southeast Asia anchor and IID’s Executive Director is global Co-Chair.
- NGO Process for the Community of Democracies – a network of democrats worldwide engaging the Community of Democracies that meets every two years. IID’s Executive Director is an International Steering Committee member.
- International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect (ICRtoP)- a global civil society network advancing and monitoring the application of the RtoP norm. IID is a founding steering committee member.
- Free Burma Coalition – Philippines (FBC-P) – a national solidarity network in support of advancing democracy in Burma. Mainly composed of mass organizations, unions and human rights NGOs based in Manila. IID is convenor and secretariat.
- Burma Partnership- regional solidarity movement anchored by Burmese activists based in Thailand. IID is working group member.
- Alternative ASEAN Network on Burma (ALTSEAN) – a regional solidarity formation integrating analysis, research and policy advocacy and lobbying for Burma focusing on the ASEAN. IID is a founding steering committee member.